There’s a new space race on — and Square Peg Communications is poised and ready to help its customers win it. For more than 25 years, Square Peg has developed and manufactured ground, airborne, and space-borne satellite communications products for customers worldwide, including the industry-leading RLS-2100 radio link simulator, satellite terminal qualification equipment, satellite modems, and earth stations.
We are expanding our team in Ottawa, Canada, to address some exciting new opportunities arising from the explosive growth in satellite-enabled communications, particularly broadband satellite Internet access and machine-to-machine communications. We offer the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product development, and have an immediate need for a real-time software developer.
- Experience in C/C++ programming for real-time systems (3+ years)
- Strong software unit testing and debugging skills
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, TCL)
- Experience with software profiling and optimization
- Background in Satellite/RF communications
- Knowledge of signal processing for digital communications
- Experience developing software for embedded, multiprocessor targets
- Familiarity with mobile technologies: GSM/GPRS, UMTS, LTE, 5G
- Experience with lab equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science
- Good oral and written communications skills
If you would like to work on diverse projects with a team of skilled professionals to realize best-in-class communications product technologies and industry-leading test systems, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing this posting and citing specific examples of your relevant qualifications. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.