Real-Time Software Developer (TRSD-001)
Square Peg Communications Inc., based in Ottawa, Canada, develops and manufactures ground, airborne, and space-borne satellite communications products for customers worldwide, including satellite modems, test equipment, and earth stations. Since 1995, solutions delivered by Square Peg have provided critical certainty across the entire life cycle of fixed and mobile satellite communications networks.
We are expanding our team to address some exciting new opportunities arising from the explosive growth in satellite-enabled communications, including broadband satellite Internet access and IoT.
We offer the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product development, and have an immediate need for a real-time software developer.
- Experience in C/C++ programming for real-time systems (3+ years)
- Strong software unit testing and debugging skills
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, TCL)
- Experience with software profiling and optimization
- Background in Satellite/RF communications
- Knowledge of signal processing for digital communications
- Experience developing software for embedded, multiprocessor targets
- Familiarity with mobile technologies: GSM/GPRS, UMTS, LTE, 5G
- Experience with lab equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science
- Good oral and written communications skills
If you would like to work as part of a multi-functional team of professionals to realize best-in-class communications product technologies and industry-leading test systems, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing this posting and citing specific examples of your relevant qualifications. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.