There’s a new space race on — and Square Peg Communications is poised and ready to help its customers win it. For more than 25 years, Square Peg has developed and manufactured ground, airborne, and space-borne satellite communications products for customers worldwide, including the industry-leading RLS-2100 radio link simulator, satellite terminal qualification equipment, satellite modems, and earth stations.
We are expanding our team in Ottawa, Canada, to address some exciting new opportunities arising from the explosive growth in satellite-enabled communications, particularly broadband satellite Internet access and machine-to-machine communications. We have an immediate need for a Test Engineer to develop and execute functional and performance test procedures and automated scripts for our existing and upcoming products.
- Test procedure design and documentation
- Test script development, validation, and execution
- Understanding of RF signal measurements
- Experience with lab equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzer, power meter, oscilloscope)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, TCL)
Desirable Expertise (helpful to have done or used)
- Background in digital radio communications
- Familiarity with wireless communications standards and protocols
- Modem performance testing
- Protocol conformance testing
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science, or equivalent experience
- Good oral and written communications skills
If you would like to work on diverse projects with a team of skilled professionals to realize best-in-class communications product technologies and industry-leading test systems, please submit your resume to email@example.com, referencing this posting and citing specific examples of your relevant qualifications. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.