There’s a new space race on — and Square Peg Communications is poised and ready to help its customers win it. For more than 25 years, Square Peg has developed and manufactured ground, airborne, and space-borne satellite communications products for customers worldwide, including the industry-leading RLS-2100 radio link simulator, satellite terminal qualification equipment, satellite modems, and earth stations.
We are expanding our team in Ottawa, Canada, to address some exciting new opportunities arising from the explosive growth in satellite-enabled communications, particularly broadband satellite Internet access and machine-to-machine communications. Testing is core to our business and we have an immediate need for a Test Group Manager to spearhead the verification and validation of our existing and upcoming products, and the development of test scripts used by our customers in concert with our products.
The successful candidate will report to the President, and will lead a team delivering services to both internal and external customers. We’re looking for someone with a blend of technical, management and communications skills, who would like a mix of high-level and hands-on responsibilities.
- Over time, own the overall product quality test process across all Square Peg products
- Work with engineers and program managers to understand the test requirements and design appropriate test regimes
- Conceive, implement and execute tests, both personally, and in concert with your team
- Develop test tools used by our customers in concert with our products, and providing support to them as required
- Test plan development
- Translating requirements to test methods
- Test procedure design and documentation
- Test script development, validation, and execution
- Superior skills in diagnosing and solving typical testing issues
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, TCL)
- Understanding of RF signal measurements
- Experience with lab equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzer, power meter, oscilloscope)
- Experience as a test team manager or lead
Desirable Expertise (helpful to have done or used)
- Background in digital radio communications
- Familiarity with wireless communications standards and protocols
- Modem performance testing
- Protocol conformance testing
- Project management
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
If you would like to work on diverse projects with a team of skilled professionals to realize best-in-class communications product technologies and industry-leading test systems, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing this posting and citing specific examples of your relevant qualifications. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.