For more than 25 years, Square Peg has developed and manufactured DSP-based ground, airborne, and space-borne satellite communications products for customers worldwide, including the industry-leading RLS-2100 radio link simulator, satellite terminal qualification equipment, satellite modems, and earth stations.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced DSP engineer to take on a major role at Square Peg. This opportunity requires the candidate to progressively assume responsibility for Square Peg’s Inmarsat BGAN modem design, development and support. The Inmarsat BGAN network continues to evolve, and the requirement to update the modem design with new capabilities and deploy it on new platforms is ongoing. This initial role is expected to be augmented into increasing responsibility for the DSP algorithms and embedded DSP design across Square Peg’s entire product line.
The candidate is required to have strong knowledge of, and applied experience with, the following:
• Digital Signal Processing
• Digital Communications and all aspects of modem design
• Hands-on modem design and development
• C/C++ programming for real-time systems
• Specialized DSP instructions sets
• Software real time and signal processing centric debugging skills
• Software profiling and optimization
• Lab equipment (e.g., spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope)
• Enjoys hands-on work, e.g., writing and testing software, working with lab equipment and hardware, debugging complex issues
• Able to operate well even when required to multiplex several projects
• Rises to the challenge of unforeseen technical issues and the project schedule stress that they cause
• Works well independently or in a small team
• Able to contribute to new business proposals, i.e., technical inputs, effort and schedule estimates
• Good oral and written communications skills
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science
• In-office work environment. Remote work is accepted intermittently.
If you would like to work on diverse projects with a team of skilled professionals to realize best-in-class communications product technologies and industry-leading test systems, please submit your resume to email@example.com, referencing this posting and citing specific examples of your relevant qualifications. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.